A good night’s sleep is a necessity no matter whether you are on a weekend camping trip, visiting the in-laws or at home in the comfort of your own bed. Sometimes in order to get that good night’s sleep you will need to bring your bed with you. When you do, you will want to bring the best inflatable mattress that is available for that good night’s rest! Here are five inflatable mattresses that might just fit that bill!
SoundAsleep Dream Series Inflatable Mattress
with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump
This SoundAsleep inflatable mattress is designed to be a backup option for people who don’t have access to a real mattress. Like most inflatable mattresses, it’s useful to keep in your closet in case friends or family spend the night at your house. It’s also helpful for anyone who’s moving to a new city and won’t have access to a real mattress for a while.
SoundAsleep has loaded this mattress with a lot of unique, patented features, such as a no-slip surface on the mattresses underside. This ensures that the mattress won’t slip across a floor even if you toss around in your sleep. Another cool feature is that it boasts a built in air pump, making inflating and deflating the mattress an easy affair.
SoundAsleep Dream Series Inflatable Mattress Features
- SoundAsleep designed the mattress to be inflated as easily as possible, which is why its pump is built into the mattress itself. Unlike other inflatable mattresses, which have detachable pumps, the dream series mattress reduces the amount of clutter around your house—and makes it impossible to lose the thing.
- The mattress’s interior is constructed with 40 air coils, which provide support to you while you sleep on it. The coils also ensure that the surface of the mattress remains level and doesn’t sag, in case two people sleep on the bed at once.
- The mattress’s material is quite durable and rugged. The top part is also waterproof.
- The bottom part of the mattress uses a patented technology called SureGrip. The material provides grip to the bottom of the mattress, ensuring that it doesn’t shift around much in the night.
- It comes with its own bag you can store it in.
- Its built-in pump means you don’t have to store an extra appliance around the house.
- The pump is quieter than most other inflatable mattress pumps on the market.
- The mattress inflates in less than four minutes.
- The air coils make it very comfortable compared to other inflatable mattresses.
- It doesn’t sag, even if you’re sleeping on it with two people.
- Because of the grippy bottom surface, it won’t shift around during the night—which is perfect for restless sleepers who toss and turn a lot.
- The storage bag makes it easy to pack up and stow away in a closet.
- SoundAsleep provides a one-year warranty, in case anything happens to it.
- The mattress is made with durable materials means it won’t be easily punctured.
- In some cases, the mattress will lead air throughout the night. If it’s a small child or a lightweight adult, you probably won’t notice any leakage. But if you have two full-sized adults sleeping on it, you might find enough air leaked out through the night to cause it to have sagged a little bit.
- It’s fairly bulky and heavy. So when packing it away while not using it, it’s a little awkward to move it around and fit it into a closet.
- The price of the mattress could be a little better. It retails currently for $200, so unless you can find it on sale somewhere, there are definitely cheaper units on the market.
Aside from a few drawbacks, this SoundAsleep inflatable mattress is one of the most solid choices on the market right now. All its features add up to a satisfying and comfortable sleeping experience. The built-in air pump is easy to use, fast, and unlike a detachable pump, you don’t have to worry about misplacing it. The no slip underside is especially useful. I like to roll around in my sleep a lot, which causes problems when I sleep on other inflatable mattresses. But while using this inflatable mattress, I had no problems with the mattress slipping around on the floor—it stayed in the same place throughout the whole night.
Above all else, the mattress is quite comfortable. While it doesn’t come close to the comfort of a real mattress, the SoundAsleep improves on the comfortability of most inflatable mattresses on the market. It’s surprising firm for something that’s basically a bag full of air, thanks to the air coils that make up the mattress’s interior. I slept like a baby while testing it for the night, and wouldn’t hesitate to use it again if need be.
So if you’re willing to pay a little more for an inflatable mattress, and don’t mind a little air leakage throughout the night, this is the inflatable mattress for you.
back to menu ↑
SoundAsleep Camping Series Inflatable Mattress
with Included Rechargable Air Pump
Many people who are shopping for an inflatable mattress will use it for guests staying over at their house, or maybe as a temporary mattress while in the middle of a move. But many people are searching for an inflatable mattress to use while they’re out camping. The great outdoors is a perfect place to use an inflatable mattress. inflatable mattresses are lightweight and can be deflated and packed away small enough to fit into a car—and perhaps most importantly, they’re quite comfortable!
SoundAsleep made an inflatable mattress specifically for this use in mind. Unlike their flagship model, their camping series mattresses are designed to be taken outdoors. They boast an air pump that doesn’t need to be plugged into a wall outlet; instead, it has a rechargeable battery, which is quite handy if you’re far away from civilization. The size of the mattress is also quite ideal for camping: its short, nine-inch height is better able to fit into a small tent.
On top of all this, the SoundAsleep camping series inflatable mattresses are built with a rugged material that will resist cuts and abrasions. This is especially important for anyone taking an inflatable mattress into the outdoors!
SoundAsleep Camping Series Inflatable Mattress Features
- It’s smaller than most other inflatable mattresses on the market, which makes it perfect for camping. It will fit into most tents quite easily—you could also put it down into the back of a car or the bed of a truck!
- The inflating and deflating pump is optimized to be used in the great outdoors. It runs on a rechargeable battery, so you can charge it up before a trip to the back country and run it without an outlet in site.
- The pump can be charged with either a standard wall outlet or a car’s cigarette lighter. The latter is especially helpful to use while camping.
- It’s made with the rugged, camping environment in mind. The outer shell is made with puncture-resistant material.
- It comes in either a twin or queen size.
- Just like the other SoundAsleep inflatable mattresses, this one comes with a one-year warranty.
- It has a durable outer material, which resists scratches and abrasions. While taking it camping, I never thought it was in danger of puncturing on any of the sharp objects that surround you while camping (the edges of your car, tent poles, rocks, etc.)
- The rechargeable, battery powered pump is really useful when camping. You can bring the deflated mattress with you in your car, and then inflate it with the charged-up pump when you arrive at your campsite.
- The pump also works really fast, filling the full mattress in about three minutes.
- The smaller profile of the inflatable mattress, compared to other models on the market, ensures that it will fill easily into tents and camper vehicles. I had no problem fitting a queen size inflatable mattress into my two-person tent.
- The price is very reasonable. It currently retails for around $90, as opposed to $200 for a lot of the higher end models on the market.
- The mattress is not as comfortable as others on the market. While this isn’t a dealbreaker, especially considering it’s designed to be used while camping, I did find it a little hard to sleep on during the night I used it. It doesn’t have the support of other inflatable mattresses—I found myself sagging into it during the night.
- Unlike other inflatable mattresses, the air pump is not built into the mattress itself. This means the pump might be easily misplaced and lost—especially if you take it camping and it gets lost among all your camping gear.
- Like a lot of other inflatable mattresses out there, it will leak air during the night. You might find it almost totally deflated by the time you wake up in the morning.
This is an awesome inflatable mattress to have if you have any camping trips coming up in the near future! Every feature is optimized for the camping experience. It’s smaller and lighter weight than a lot of other inflatable mattresses, cheaper, and perhaps more puncture proof.
I tested this mattress on one camping trip already, and I would probably choose this one over any others for my next trip.
But because of the downsides listed above, I wouldn’t recommend this mattress for purposes outside of camping. It’s not quite as comfortable as other inflatable mattresses and it tends to leak more. So if you’re looking for something to use for guests at your house, there are better options available.
back to menu ↑
Lazery Sleep Inflatable Mattress
Raised Electric Airbed with Built In Pump & Carry Bag – Fast Inflation, LED Remote Control & 7 Firmness Settings
This Lazery model boasts many features that make it a one of the best options on the inflatable mattress market. It’s comparable in size to many other inflatable mattresses—the standard model is queen size and it weighs about 20 pounds when it’s deflated and packed up. It comes with its own storage bag. The price is in line with similar inflatable mattresses, currently retailing for $200. The Lazery Sleep is also quite comfortable due to the air coil technology built into the inside of the mattress.
Where this model sets itself apart from other options is in its patented air pump system. The mattress has seven firmness settings, which you can control by using an LED remote control that interacts with the pump. If you like your mattresses soft, you simply choose the soft setting with the remote control, and then the pump will fill the mattress up only to the point that it’s still soft. And if you want it a little more firm—like I do—you can set it to the firm option. Pretty neat!
Lazery Sleep Inflatable Mattress Features
- It comes with a patented air pump control system. By using an LED remote control, you can control the firmness of the mattress by choosing one of seven firmness settings. This is perfect for the sleepers out there who are picky about how firm of a mattress they like.
- A storage bag is included.
- The inside of the mattress uses 40 air coils to provide a firm foundation for the sleeper, and also ensures it won’t sag in the middle when two people sleep on it at once.
- The inflation and deflation pump is built into the mattress.
- The top of the mattress is waterproof. This is always a helpful feature to have in case anything spills on top of it.
- It is constructed with thick and durable material, which is designed to be puncture resistant.[/expand]
- The remote controlled pump feature is awesome! I really like a firm mattress. With other inflatable mattresses, you have to guess with how much air you should fill it with in order to get to your desired firmness. Not so with the Lazery mattress! You simply use the remote to choose one of the seven pre-programmed firmness levels—no guessing involved.
- The pump is built into the mattress. So like other inflatable mattresses with this feature, you don’t have to worry about losing the pump when you pack your mattress away.
- It’s one of the most comfortable inflatable mattresses on the market. Like some other models, it uses air coil technology to keep the mattress firm for the sleeper.
- The outer material of the mattress is thick and durable. I didn’t feel concerned that a sharp edge in my house would gouge the mattress and puncture it. Unless you’re planning on sleeping in a thorn bush, you probably won’t have any problems with punctures.[/expand]
- It’s slightly more expensive than other inflatable mattresses on the market. The retail price is currently $200, and the sales prices I saw weren’t as competitive as other inflatable mattress models on the market.
- Some users have reported have problems with the LED air pump remote. The remote control introduces another gadget, which could become a point of failure within the system. I didn’t have any problems with it, however.[/expand]
I think the added feature of the LED remote control makes this one of the best inflatable mattresses available. I liked having the added control over how firm to make the mattress. Unlike the pumps on other inflatable mattresses, the remote control allows you to not have to rely on guessing to reach your desired level of firmness.
Other than the really cool remote control feature, the mattress is really solid all around. The comfortability of the mattress is on point. I didn’t experience any discomfort while using it. And also the mattress seemed to hold its air in throughout the night—which is something other inflatable mattresses struggle with.
The only real downside to this model that I can think of is that it’s slightly more expensive than other inflatable mattresses out there. If you’re only going to use it once or twice a year, you might opt to buy a cheaper inflatable mattress and save some money. But if you regularly have overnight guests staying at your house and you need a good inflatable mattress for them to sleep on, this Lazery Sleep model is a really good option.
back to menu ↑
Serta Raised Inflatable Mattress with Never Flat Pump
This Serta inflatable mattress is probably the best inflatable mattress I’ve ever tried. In my humble opinion, it’s the best one you can buy right now. It’s my favorite because it possesses a very clever feature that no other inflatable mattress has (to my knowledge). Unlike other inflatable mattresses, it has two air pumps: the primary pump works similarly to the built-in pump on other inflatable mattress models, inflating or deflating the mattress in about four minutes. Once the primary pump does its job and fills up the mattress, the other pump takes over. This pump analyzes the air pressure in the mattress; when it senses that the mattress is losing pressure, the secondary pump kicks in and fills it up to the desired pressure level.
What all this means is that the Serta inflatable mattress doesn’t become deflated throughout the night! Deflation is perhaps the biggest downside to most inflatable mattresses on the market. And this model solves that problem. You might think that an air pump turning on randomly throughout a night would be really loud and annoying, but the cool thing about the secondary fan is that it’s quite quiet. The level of noise is comparable to the low hum of a common refrigerator.
Serta Raised Inflatable Mattress Features
- It has two built in air pumps for inflation and deflation of the mattress. The first pump is the primary way to inflate and deflate the mattress. The other pump analyzes the air pressure of the mattress throughout the night and turns on when air escapes. The secondary pump is quiet, and ensures the mattress doesn’t become deflated while you’re sleeping on it.
- The bottom part of the mattress has a no-slip grip, which reduces the chances of the mattress slipping around floor at night. This is always a useful feature for those who toss and turn during the night, like I do.
- For more money, you can opt to buy a version of the mattress with a top pillow. So if you’re someone who enjoys a more comfortable, softer mattress, this is a really good option.[/expand]
- The two pump system is the big draw for this mattress. It effectively solves the problem that other inflatable mattresses have, where they lose pressure throughout the night. The secondary air pump analyzes the air pressure of the mattress and only kicks on when the mattress begins to lose pressure.
- The secondary air pump is very quiet, so it won’t disturb your sleep.
- In spite of the quality of the mattress, it’s one of the more affordable inflatable mattresses on the market. It currently retails for $175.
- The no-slip bottom part of the mattress, like similar features on other inflatable mattresses, is very useful.[/expand]
- Some people find the secondary air pump to be quite annoying and can disrupt your sleep, if you’re a light sleeper. I never had any trouble with it, but maybe that’s because I’m a heavy sleeper and quiet noises rarely bother me. Just be aware that it might turn on in the middle of the night.
- While it’s not uncomfortable to sleep on, there are more comfortable inflatable mattresses out there. In terms of comfort, this Serta model is merely average. Though this issue can be allayed by buying the version of this mattress that comes with a built in cushion.[/expand]
Because of its fairly cheap price and automatic air pump feature, the Serta inflatable mattress is the best inflatable mattress available, in my opinion. First, the price is about $25-$50 cheaper than most other inflatable mattresses—and those other mattresses don’t possess the invaluable automatic refilling technology.
Second, the two air pump feature is essential if you want to sleep through the night without having to worry about deflation. That is probably the most annoying thing about other inflatable mattresses—nothing is worse than waking up in the middle of the night and finding that the previously firm mattress has deflated to the point where your body is now in contact with the ground, the surface of the mattress is sagging so badly. In addition, the secondary pump is so quiet that you can barely notice it (at least I wasn’t able to notice it.) So if you’re worried about an electronic pump turning on in the middle of the night and startling you, don’t fear! If you can tolerate the hum of a furnace or refrigerator, then you won’t have any problem with this inflatable mattress.
If you add these two features to the solid level of comfort the mattress provides, it’s clear that the Serta is one of the best inflatable mattresses out there.
back to menu ↑
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed
The Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed is good and worthy of consideration for one reason alone: its price. Not many air beds come close to the affordable price as the Intex model. It currently retails for around $50—which puts it around $100-$150 cheaper than other inflatable mattresses.
Aside from the price, there’s not a whole lot on the surface that is deficient or lacking in comparison to other inflatable mattresses. The Intex model, like many others, comes with its own storage bag, which you can use to stash the mattress when you’re not using it. There’s a built-in air pump, which is of course very useful, since you won’t ever lose it or have to worry about installing it every time you want to inflate the mattress. It even boasts a waterproof top layer, like many other inflatable mattresses featured in this article.
The Intex model inflatable mattress possesses all these features in common with other, more expensive inflatable mattresses. The things that are different about it, however, is that the quality is somewhat lower than the more expensive models. You get what you pay for, basically. The quality it’s made with is less durable, and so it’s more prone to puncturing. It also leaks air more steadily than other models, so if you have two full sized adults sleeping on the mattress, you might find it slightly deflated when you wake up in the morning.
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed Features
- It comes with a duffel bag you can use to store the mattress when you’re not using it.
- The pump with which you can inflate and deflate the mattress is built into the mattress. Which means you never have to worry about the annoyance of installing and uninstalling the air pump when you want to either inflate or deflate the mattress. It’s also helpful because you won’t ever lose the air pump.
- The top of the mattress is waterproof. Once again, this is key in case you ever drop liquid on top of the mattress.
- Price! This is probably the inflatable mattress with the best value out there. It’s cheap, but it’s not a bargain-basement product; it will hold up against regular use. It’s not a toy mattress that will break immediately. By buying this mattress, you’ll save $100-$150 dollars against another inflatable mattress.
- It has a lot of the features of a more expensive inflatable mattress. This includes a built in air pump, a free storage bag, and a waterproof top of the mattress.
- It provides average comfort for the price point. While there are definitely more comfortable, ergonomic mattresses on the market, there are none this comfortable for this cheap of a price. I found the comfort to be adequate. I didn’t run into any issues when I tested this mattress out for a night.
- Durability is perhaps the biggest concern about this inflatable mattress. While I didn’t puncture the mattress personally while I used it, the outer layer of fabric to the mattress did seem thinner and more brittle than some of the more expensive models on the market. I would be wary of using this mattress if you have a lot of sharp objects in your house or if you intend to use this mattress while camping. If you’re going to be using this mattress frequently, you would probably be better off to buy a more durable, though more expensive, inflatable mattress.
- While it does come with a bag you can store the mattress in while you’re not using it, the bag is a lot bigger than the other inflatable mattress bags. It also doesn’t pack down as small as those other mattresses, so it will take up more space in your closet or wherever you choose to store it.
- Like other inflatable mattresses, this Intex model loses air over time—except that this one probably loses air at a faster clip than more expensive models. If two heavy adults sleep on this mattress, chances are the mattress will become quite deflated by the morning.
If your primary concern in buying an inflatable mattress is price, then this model is probably the one for you. No other mattress comes close to this combination of reasonable price and quality. You’ll save $100-$150 by buying this model as opposed to a pricier version.
This one is also preferable if you only plan on using your inflatable mattress sparingly. Investing in a more expensive, durable model might be wasted if you only use your inflatable mattress once or twice a year for irregular guests. But if you are planning on using your inflatable mattress regularly.
SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump - Queen Size
9 used from $ 92.79
- ComfortCoil Technology showcases industry leading design with 40 internal air coils for added durability and support. Your bed remains flat and firm so you can stay SoundAsleep!
- Patented 1-click internal pump for easy and fast inflation / deflation. The Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation and firmness in under 4 minutes and can be topped off quickly and easily. The air mattress is designed for in-home use and is perfect for overnight guests, friends or relatives
- Queen Sized with Inflated Dimensions of: 78" x 58" x 19" - Raised "Double-height" air bed with dual chamber construction. "Sure-Grip" bottom prevents bed from unwanted sliding
- Extra thick, waterproof flocked top for added comfort and durability with multilayer, puncture-resistant material. Carry bag included for easy transport!
- SoundAsleep's consumer friendly 1-year guarantee. Call or email any time for support
SoundAsleep Camping Series Air Mattress - Queen Size with Included Rechargable Air Pump
- SoundAsleep ComfortCoil Technology with proprietary I-Beam Air Coils specifically designed for durability during ourdoor use. Perfect for those wilderness camp-outs, or for weekends away with friends and family.
- Patented, external pump is include for easy inflation / deflation. The pump features a heavy duty rechargable battery, which can be charged either at home in advance of your trip or with a car charger on the road.
- The Outdoor Camping mattress reaches full inflation and firmness in under 3 minutes and can be topped off quickly and easily. The Camping Series has been designed specially for outdoor use and is made with extra thick material to better withstand objects normally found in an outdoor setting.
- Carry bag included for easy transport to your car or campsite! SoundAsleep's consumer friendly, 1-year limited warranty. Call or email any time for support
- Queen Sized with Inflated Dimensions of: 78 x 60 x 9 inches
Serta Raised Queen Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump
4 used from $ 84.89
- Two pumps in one bed, patented neverFLAT pump system silently keeps your airbed inflated all night
- Primary pump automatically inflates and deflates your airbed in less than 4 minutes, secondary neverFLAT Pump monitors and silently maintains the air pressure to your desired comfort level while you sleep
- Convenient auto-shutoff feature on primary pump automatically turns the pump system off when the airbed is fully inflated or deflated
- 35 circular coils create a supportive and level sleep surface, durable flocked top provides a soft and comfortable sleep surface that also keeps your sheets in place, made from quality materials that are puncture and water resistant to ensure a long life
- Durable flocked top provides a soft and comfortable sleep surface that also keeps your sheets in place, made from quality materials that are puncture and water resistant to ensure a long life
Intex Comfort Plush Elevated Dura-Beam Airbed, Bed Height 22", Queen
1 used from $ 79.98
- Inflatable Queen airbed for home use engineered with Fiber-TechTM Construction
- Built-in, high-powered electric pump for hassle-free inflation and deflation, inflates mattress in approximately 4 and 1/2 minutes to the desired firmness
- Waterproof flocked top raised 22 inches from floor with indented sides to keep your fitted sheets from slipping
- Duffel bag included for easy storage and transport
- Dimensions: 60 x 22 x 80 inches (W x H x L), 600-Pound capacity
Lazery Sleep Air Mattress - Raised Electric Airbed With Built In Pump & Carry Bag - Fast Inflation, LED Remote Control & 7 Firmness Settings -Queen 78" x 58" x 19"
1 used from $ 134.05
- ★ ★ HEAVY DUTY AIR BED - Double Height Inflatable Mattress Provides the Comfort & Support of Traditional Bed; Perfect for Overnight Guests, Camping & More
- ★ BUILT IN ELECTRIC PUMP - Internal Inflator With LED Remote Fills Mattress in 4 Minutes; Auto Shutoff When Inflated/Deflated Adds Safety & Convenience
- ★ 100% 1-YEAR SATISFACTION WARRANTY - Dual Chamber Design, 40 Air Coils, Gripped Bottom & Extra Thick, Waterproof Top Provide Long Lasting Durability & Added Support; For ANY Issues Call Customer Service at 1-800-890-1860
- ★ 7 REMOTE SETTINGS - Electric Control Lets You Choose Your Ideal Firmness Ranging From Soft Plush to Extra Firm; Stays Stable & Inflated All Through the Night
- ★ PORTABLE CONVENIENCE - Foldable Blow Up Mattress with Puncture Proof Material Holds Up to 500 lbs & Fits in Closet or RV; Arrives in Bag for Easy Transport