Sleeping pads are an important addition to any sleep system. Not only do they provide added comfort—keeping campers off of cold, rocky ground—they also help to insulate campers while sleeping. With multiple purposes that add to a comfortable night’s sleep, a sleeping pad can spell the difference between sleeping soundly and waking every few hours.
Sleeping pads come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, inflation methods, and insulation ratings (or R-value). It is important to consider each aspect prior to buying a sleeping pad in order to find the perfect product for an individual. For instance, side sleepers who bend their knees may want to buy a rectangular pad for more leg room, taller campers typically prefer longer pads, and people camping on snow or in colder climates should purchase a pad with a higher R-value, and may even want to buy two sleeping pads.
For individuals looking for a comfortable, warm night’s sleep, there is an affordable product to be found with great features and even better manufacturing practices: the TNH Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad. With an incredible environmentally-friendly design, this sleeping pad is largely self-inflating and comes with an added stuff sack for convenience when traveling. This product is available for $39.99 and is eligible for free shipping on Amazon.
- Money Back Guarantee
- 5 Inches Thick
- 75D Polyester Shell
- R-Value of 4 m²/W
- Included Stuff Sack
At an amazing price and with an incredible design, this bag is definitely worth buying. This sleeping pad has the ability to self-inflate, allowing you to walk away from it and spend more time exploring or making campfire treats with friends or family. The 1.5-inch thick pad of the TNH Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad also allows one to choose varying levels of firmness without bottoming out on a rocky ground. It also allows for improved insulation ratings to camp in cold weather or snow.
One of the most exciting things about this product is the guarantee of a great pad made ethically. Not only is there a Limited Lifetime Warranty to ensure the product is the perfect fit for any customer, with this company you can also buy worry-free of any unsound manufacturing techniques. TNH Outdoors was founded by two environmentally-conscious individuals with a passion for sustainability and the outdoors. Their products were designed and crafted to reduce waste and include biodegradable packaging for most products which helps eliminate waste in landfills.
The two downsides to this pad—weight and width—can be considerable to those who are looking to go truly “ultralight”, or individuals who sleep on their side or have broad shoulders. However, for the typical camper or backpacker, this sleeping pad is the perfect investment. At around $40, this pad is a third of the price of similarly rated competitors and has many of the same features and specifications that people love.
- Self-Inflating: A convenience feature for any sleeping pad, the addition of a valve that allows for self-inflation is an incredible time—and breath—saver. Being able to lay out the pad and walk away from it to make camp food, explore the area, or go to the bathroom while it inflates is the easiest way to multitask. Return to bed later, and all this sleeping pad requires is a few manual breaths to completely inflate.
- Warm: Body heat can be lost in a variety of ways. When camping, some of the most considerable heat loss takes place through conduction, or the transfer of heat from one solid object to another; this most commonly occurs between the body and the ground. Sleeping bags alone are generally not enough insulation, as the body will compress the materials inside the sleeping bag and render them less effective. A sleeping pad provides additional protection against heat loss. A pad's ability to insulate is generally measured as an R-Value.
An R-Value of 4 means that this sleeping pad can insulate one well in a variety of temperatures. Generally, camping on snow requires a pad with an R-Value of at least 3 or 4, depending on the temperature of the air as well as the snow (snow can actually be colder than freezing, which many people seem to forget). For most casual backpackers and especially summer campers at a campground, this pad is more than enough to keep warm through the night.
- Thick: At 1.5 inches thick, the TNH Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad keeps campers off of even the pointiest of rocks, even without being fully inflated. Added thickness generally provides more comfort and gives individuals more options for firmness—adding to overall comfort as well. This also provides a bigger barrier between campers and the ground, further insulating them from the cold.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: TNH Outdoors offers a limited lifetime warranty for manufacturer defects and if the product is unsatisfactory upon delivery. Their website makes it extremely fast and easy to register for this warranty, and TNH is quick to respond to any issues that may arise. TNH Outdoors is also a company that prides itself on ethical manufacturing practices, with many products coming in biodegradable packaging.
- Heavy: Weighing in at around 32 oz, or 2 lbs, this sleeping pad is heavier than competitors of similar R-Values and thicknesses, though for the price is still adequate. Casual car campers or entry-level or single night backpackers will be able to use this pad without issue, but for seasoned adventurers and those truly wishing to go “lightweight”, there are lighter products out there for those willing to spend a little more.
- Narrow: As a tapered pad, the TNH Self-Inflating Sleeping Pad saves some space and weight in a backpack or tent but makes it more difficult for side sleepers to find comfort, especially with knees bent. Rectangular pads and pads that are designed specifically for side sleepers are available for those that cannot sleep comfortably otherwise. However, this is not a design flaw, as many sleeping pads offer the same tapered layout to save space and weight; the width and style of any pad should be considered before purchasing.
#1 Premium Self Inflating Sleeping Pad Lightweight Foam Padding and Superior Insulation Great For Hiking & Camping Thick Outer Skin
1 used from $ 33.27
- ✔ REFRESHED - Dont wake up TIRED and GRUMPY to your family or camping buddies after sleeping on a lumpy or deflated sleeping pad. Wake up ready to explore the outdoors well rested with the TNH Outdoors self inflating sleeping pad! We promise that you will have a good night's sleep or your MONEY BACK!
- ✔ YOU WONT MISS THE MATTRESS - Those bumps and uneven surfaces found beneath the tent floor WILL GO UNNOTICED with this thick and compact sleeping pad! No paper thin foam found here! A 1.5 inch thick design makes this the most comfortable sleep system at its price point. We promise value for your business!
- ✔ SERIOUS SKIN - With a 75D polyester outer shell, strength and durability is a feature of this sleeping pad! Make punctures a thing of the past and get gear that will GO THE DISTANCE!
- ✔ EASY INFLATION - With a strong plastic valve, just twist it open, unroll the pad and it will start to inflate itself! A few simple puffs of air from a healthy set of lungs and you have a pad so good you will forget you even left home!
- ✔ GUARANTEED - The TNH brand offers THE BEST VALUE and we stand by our customer ratings! Better still, if for any reason you are unsatisfied, just let us know and we'll fix it. From refund to replacement, we are here to make sure that you are satisfied.
Inflatable Camping Pillow By TNH Outdoors - Compressible Air Inflating Pillow for Outdoor Travel Hiking & Backpacking Use with Small Stuff Bag - Ergonomic Microfiber Design for Head and Neck Support
- Crack, goes your neck and you wonder why you have panda eyes, it is because your pillow LET YOU DOWN, literally and metaphorically. The TNH Outdoors custom 100 seal series pneumatic valve will ensure that you have a great night sleep or YOUR MONEY BACK. Wake up rested with the TNH Outdoors inflatable camping pillow and play hard in the outdoors this season.
- We designed this to be as easy at 1,2,3 with easy INFLATION and DEFLATION you can set up and pack in the same minute if you need to. We have the best value for money, two piece waterproof valve on the MARKET, blow one way to inflate and simply use the dump valve to deflate. Then roll up your pillow and pack away to nothing. We only serve to solve your problems with high quality products and this why we can offer a LIFETIME warranty when others can't.
- COMPRESSIBLE, PORTABLE & ULTRALIGHT - With it's simple, stuffable compact compression bag and a mini light weight travel size you won't even notice it camping or travelling until the time comes to use it. Just add the bed and blanket, a little breath to inflate and you can get down and pull up the covers to get that WELL DESERVED REST!
- NOT STICKY & SWEATY - carefully crafted out of a military grade, silk style knitted cotton fabric and with a soft contour that allows for air flow between your head and the pillow you won't end up with your face GLUED TO THE PILLOW during the night! It also helps to keep it in place and stop it sliding around within your mattress , hammock or sleeping pad leaving you to be ONE SOUND SLEEPER !
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - The TNH brand offers THE BEST VALUE and we put our reputation on the line and stand by what our customers say about us! In any case, if for any reason you are unsatisfied, just let us know and we'll fix it. From refund to replacement, we're here to make sure every person is left happy with their equipment! We are always here to help our customers have the best outdoors experience!